Moscow Hosts International Outdoor Kickboxing Tournament

The Russian capital hosts a unique international outdoor kickboxing championship.

Denis Lukashov, world kickboxing champion (speaking Russian):

“It is a truly unique event. I've never seen anything like this before anywhere. An outdoor martial arts tournament with a lot of fans and such a great deal of tough fighters from all across the world.”

Halim Chiabani, W 5 European champion's title contender (speaking French):

“I didn't spend hours studying my opponent's style, his weak and strong points. I just checked out a few videos of his fights to know what he looks like. I always focus on my own training.”

Daniel Dorrer, WKA world champion's title contender (speaking English):

“The game plan will be to fight with full power from the first round to the last round, because Vladimir Mineev is a good fighter, we respect him very much, so the game plan as I said is to give my all in every round of the fight.”



Story

Some of Russia's major talents will go head-to-head with the best the world has to offer at the outdoor Moscow Kickboxing Championship on Saturday.

This professional kickboxing championship used to be a battlefield for the best fighters from the former Soviet Republics.

But the open-air tournament now has both domestic and international titles at stake.

“It is a truly unique event. I've never seen anything like this before anywhere. An outdoor martial arts tournament with a lot of fans and such a great deal of tough fighters from all across the world,” said world kickboxing champion Denis Lukashov.

Among the star attractions is the Russian lightwelterweight championship.

There will be some old scores to settle, with Dmitry Grafov going for revenge against Evgeny Kalinin.

In the 86 kilos class Russia's Aleksey Rybkin will take on Frenchmen Halim Chiabani for the W5 European champion's belt.

“I didn't spend hours studying my opponent's style, his weak and strong points. I just checked out a few videos of his fights to know what he looks like. I always focus on my own training,” said the French fighter.

Meanwhile, the main event of the night will see a clash of heavyweights.
Germany's Daniel Dorrer is set to test one of Russia's biggest kickboxing prospects Vladimir Mineev with the WKA title on the line.

“The game plan will be to fight with full power from the first round to the last round, because Vladimir Mineev is a good fighter, we respect him very much, so the game plan as I said is to give my all in every round of the fight,” said the German.

So this Saturday night will show whose training really pays off with an easy fight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Young Martial Artists Learn Ancient Pankration Techniques

Moscow Hosts European Sambo Championships

Tarung Derajat - From Street Fight To The Championship