Russian Police Have Their Superwoman

The Russian city of Saratov is home to one woman you do not want to quarrel with - Svetlana Prikazchukova is not only a police officer but also a Karate World Champion.

The Russian city of Saratov is home to one woman you do not want to quarrel with. Svetlana Prikazchukova is not only a police officer but a Karate World Champion.

You might not believe it to look at her, but no one would want to get on the wrong side of Svetlana Prikazchukova, because when she is not working for the police she is probably working over an opponent.



Svetlana Prikazchukova, policewoman, five-time World Karate Champion (speaking Russian):

“I can’t imagine my life without karate. If I had a chance to start my life again I would do it all the same way.”

Story

Svetlana is a 14-time Russian, and 5-time World Karate Champion, and the proud holder of the Russian Martial Arts Association’s Golden belt, awarded to only the best.
Svetlana’s exploits are very famous in her home city of Saratov. She even has a place in the local museum.

She has fought in cities all over the world, and has snapshots and the trophies to prove it.
In fact she has won so many competitions that she had to have a belt specially made for all her medals.

The sport has been part of her life for more than 20 years now.
“I can’t imagine my life without karate. If I had a chance to start my life again I would do it all the same way”, Svetlana Prikazchukova explained.
And now she is passing that knowledge on to the next generation of fighters as a karate teacher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Young Martial Artists Learn Ancient Pankration Techniques

Moscow Hosts European Sambo Championships

Tarung Derajat - From Street Fight To The Championship